With all the extra-curricular activities happening after school, quick and easy dinners are a must in both our households.
And of course, we are using our fave Maple Lodge Farms for this recipe.
Ingredients for Chicken Souvlaki:
1 Pack of Maple Lodge Farms cut in cubes
2 tablespoons of oregano
125 ml of olive oil
2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1 squeezed lemon
1 red onion
2 red and yellow peppers
12 cherry tomatoes
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
2 garlic cloves
Pack of Pitas
- Create marinade and mix oregano, olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon, salt, garlic, and pepper.
3. Place chicken in marinade and let it sit in fridge for 3 to 4 hours covered.
5. Add chicken to other side of pan.
6. Put in oven for 20 minutes at 375° F. The last two minutes turn to broil for a nice crunch.
7. Serve in a warm pita and add fresh tzatziki & feta. Recipe below.
- 1/2 of a large cucumber grated and drain excess water
- 1 1/2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix altogether and leave in fridge overnight and serve!
We also have some big news… you can catch us cooking LIVE on Saturday, November 2nd, 2019 from The Royal Winter Fair in Toronto! We are going to be cooking this recipe for everyone, so pop in and come join our cooking show!
Make sure you enter our giveaway contest to see us there NOW!
This blog was sponsored by Maple Lodge Farms® however all thoughts and ideas are our own.