Strawberry Surprise Focaccia Recipe
We have been busy in the kitchen these last few weeks keeping busy and trying out new recipes, re-vamping older ones. We partnered with California Strawberries and have re-invented our original focaccia recipe to a Strawberry Feta Focaccia Recipe. It’s perfect timing since California Strawberries are in peak season and readily available right now (and when local strawberries are in off-season).
Before we even get to the recipe did you know that 8 California strawberries have the same amount of Vitamin C as an orange? Well, now ya know!!
Now it’s time for the recipe:
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 cup of warm water
2 ¼ teaspoon of yeast
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of olive oil (for dough)
1 ½ cups of chopped California strawberries
½ cup of crumbled feta
2 tablespoons of balsamic glaze
1 tablespoon of sea salt
½ cup of olive oil (for pan)
- In a mixing bowl drop water, yeast, salt, and oil. Let sit for 10 minutes
- Add hook attachment to your mixer and add your flour to mixing bowl that has yeast, water, salt and oil. Put on slow for 1 minute, then move up one speed. Let mix until forms a ball. If you see it is too watery add a bit more flour and it turns into a ball around the hook.
- Oil a bowl
- Place your dough into bowl and cover. Place in a dark place for 2 hours.
- Heat Oven to 400 F
- Pour olive oil into cast iron pan. Place your dough in the pan. Let the pan sit on top of the stove while the stove gets to 400 F.
- Place pan with dough in the oven for 10 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with strawberries. Press strawberries into the dough with a fork, then sprinkle feta on top.
- Place back in the oven for another 20 minutes at 400F.
- Once 10 minutes is up, switch to broil for 1 minute.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
For more great recipes using California strawberries visit californiastrawberries.com. Check out theses two recipes that we have our eye on Strawberry Coffee Brioche Cupid Cubes & Strawberry Pistachio Cream Tarts.
We loved cooking with California strawberries and hope you and your family are safe and healthy.
Disclaimer: This blog post was sponsored by the California Strawberry Commission, however, all thoughts and ideas are our own.